How do I find a part in Solidworks?
Locate Part PropertyManager
- With a part document open, click Insert > Part and select a part to insert.
- In the Insert Part PropertyManager, under Locate Part, select Locate part with Move/Copy feature and click .
How to show components in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component. If the component is hidden, you can show it again by right-clicking the component in the FeatureManager design tree (not in the drawing view) and selecting Show/Hide > Show Component.
Where is the solidworks check entity command?
The Check Entity dialog box enables you to check model geometry and identify undesirable geometry. To check a model for correct geometry: With a part document active, click Check (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Check.
How to show hidden items SOLIDWORKS?
To select hidden components to be shown:
- Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. …
- In the graphics area, select components you want to show. The components you select disappear temporarily.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
How do I use Explorer in Solidworks?
To activate the SOLIDWORKS Explorer:
- From within the SOLIDWORKS application, click Tools > SOLIDWORKS Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Explorer version .
- Create a shortcut by dragging the SOLIDWORKS Explorer icon to your desktop.
How do you hide in Solidworks?
To show or hide a component from the shortcut menu: Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component.
How do you Unsuppress all parts in Solidworks?
How do I Unsuppress all in Solidworks?
- Click Unsuppress on the Features toolbar. (In parts with multiple configurations, applies to only the current configuration.)
- Click Edit > Unsuppress, then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Selected Configurations.
How do I hide a feature in Solidworks drawing?
To show or hide a component in the Drawing View Properties dialog box:
- Right-click the drawing view and select Properties.
- Select the Hide/Show Components tab.
- Select a component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be hidden.
How do I import a diagnostic into Solidworks?
Import Diagnostics Overview
- When you import a model with faults, a message asks if you want to run Import Diagnostics. Click Yes.
- With a model open, click Import Diagnostics (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Import Diagnostics. The Import Diagnostics PropertyManager opens.
How do you fix a bad face in Solidworks?
To repair a model:
- Click Attempt to Heal All.
- If faults remain, repair faulty faces first. Right-click a face in the list and select from the menu.
- Repair gaps last. Right-click a gap in the list and select from the menu.
- When all repairs are complete, click .
How do I use FeatureWorks in Solidworks?
To set FeatureWorks to activate whenever you open SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-Ins and select FeatureWorks under the Active Add-ins and Start-up columns. Search ‘Accessing FeatureWorks Commands’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you show hidden faces in Solidworks?
To show the temporarily hidden face, press Shift + Alt. To show all temporarily hidden faces in a semi-transparent state, press Ctrl + Shift + Alt. To restore visibility to all temporarily hidden faces, press ESC.
How do you draw a BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.