To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following: On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.
How do I save my settings in AutoCAD?
How do you change AutoCAD Save As Type?
- Type OPTIONS in the AutoCAD command line.
- In the Options dialog box, go to the Open and Save tab.
- In the File Save area, click the Save as drop-down menu.
- Select the desired file format.
- Click OK.
What is the Save command in AutoCAD?
SAVEAS (Command) Saves a copy of the current drawing under a new file name or location. The new file name becomes the current drawing and the previous drawing closes without saving any changes to it.
Where are AutoCAD settings saved?
Copy it to the settings folder(s) for the active program.
- AutoCAD for Mac 2016 and newer: ~Home/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/AutoCAD 20xx.
- AutoCAD for Mac 2015 and older (both folders): ~Home/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 20xx. ~Home/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/local/AutoCAD 20xx.
How do I change my default CAD?
Right-click any existing DWG file (AutoCAD drawing) on your computer to open the menu pictured to the right. Select Open With from the menu. Then select Choose Default Program from the submenu that opens.
How do you quickly delete in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I save an AutoCAD file automatically?
To Save a Drawing Automatically
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the Open and Save tab, under the File Safety Precautions, select the Automatic Save check box.
- Enter a number in Minutes Between Saves.
How do I convert autosave to DWG?
Top open an Autosave file, locate the most recent . sv$ file with the same name as your drawing. Change this file’s extension so it’s a DWG file. You can then save this DWG file in the location where you’d normally save your drawing.
How do I recover AutoCAD files?
To recover an autosave file:
- Open the Temp folder by typing %tmp% into the Start menu.
- Look for a file with the same name of the one to recover, a time stamp code, and an SV$ extension.
- Change the SV$ extension to DWG.
- Open the file in AutoCAD.
What is Filedia in AutoCAD?
Suppresses display of file navigation dialog boxes. … Displays dialog boxes. However, if a script is active, an ordinary prompt is displayed. Prompts are also displayed if an AutoLISP or ObjectARX™ program is active.
How do I save a drawing in AutoCAD 2021?
To Save a Drawing to a Previous Release Format
- Click Application Menu Save As Other Formats . Find.
- In the Save Drawing As dialog box, in the File Name box, enter a new drawing name.
- Under Files of type, select the AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT file format you want.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD shortcut icon located on the desktop and click Properties. …
- In the Start in field, enter the desired folder path (example: C:Drawings).
- Launch AutoCAD.
- Type REMEMBERFOLDERS in the command line.
- Enter 0 to turn it off.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD 2020?
Use the migration utility to transfer settings from the older version of AutoCAD to the new version:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate From a Previous Release.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Migrate From a Previous Release.