How do I share an Onshape folder?
Sharing folders is done exactly the same way as sharing an individual Document. Just select the folder, click “Share,” and define who you want to share with and their permissions.
How do I access public documents on Onshape?
Go to https://cad.onshape.com .
- Sign in with your Enterprise account information.
- Browse the Public document filter as you did previously and copy any documents of interest.
- Follow the steps under Enterprise URL or cad.onshape.com to use those documents in your Enterprise.
How do you connect Onshape?
- If you are extruding from a sketch to create a new feature that should be connected to the base feature, make sure you select “Add” in the extrude dialog box.
- Make sure the “Merge Scope” section includes all of the correct parts that should be connected to your new feature.
Is an Onshape document a CAD file?
Onshape has created a new document concept within the CAD industry. Instead of creating and working files, Onshape provides documents in which you can create, import and organize not just your CAD data, but also all supporting data and information that is pertinent to your CAD projects.
How do I download Onshape?
Tap the menu icon next to the tab and tap Download. Download copies the file in its current format to your local machine, giving it the same name and file type. You are able to import and download any non-native file type into and out of Onshape.
How is follow mode activated?
Using Follow Mode is simple. When another person is in your Document, you’ll see a social cue in the top right corner. Double click this icon and immediately you‘ll be following their screen. To exit Follow Mode, simply left click anywhere in the graphics.
How do you derive a part on Onshape?
You are able to use the sketch in many Part Studios as a derived feature.
- While in a Part Studio, select the Derived tool. A list of Part Studios and their features appears. …
- Tap to select from the list.
- Optionally, select Browse documents to view Part Studios of other documents. …
- Tap the checkmark.
What is a mate in Onshape?
A mate connector is essentially a point with a local coordinate system. In Onshape, we are mating these two points (mate connectors) and then defining their degrees of freedom with the mate type.
What format does Onshape use?
The origin and format of the data comes into play with how Onshape translates it: Data from most systems imports via a universal format like ACIS, JT, STEP, IGES, Parasolid, OBJ, or STL. For AutoCAD solids the best import format is ACIS, and all 2D data is imported to DWG or DXF.
How do I save an Onshape file as a PDF?
You can export Onshape drawings to the following file types: PDF.
- Right-click on the Drawing tab.
- Select Export.
- Specify a name for the export file.
- Select the desired export format.
- Select the version and sheets, as appropriate. …
- Choose how to treat overridden dimensions: Show underlines or Hide underlines.