Can Blender Open Maya files?
Hello @Tsvi, as @pshwayka mentioned, Blender offers . OBJ and . FBX export options which can be imported in Maya: Importing & Exporting Files.
Can you import Maya animations into Blender?
Okay, now to the things you need, there is two main ways to export your animation from Maya to Blender via Alembic, the first one, the easy one, is to export the entire scene to alembic, which many would recommend and for most simpler rigs it will suffice… … So now we’re ready to export.
How do I convert OBJ to Maya?
Procedure for exporting an object from Maya as OBJ:
- Select the object or objects you want to export. …
- Choose File > Export Selection from the menu bar. …
- From the Files of type dropdown, select OBJexport.
- Keep all Options at the default settings.
- Enter a File name and click Export Selection.
How do I convert Maya to FBX?
Export an FBX file from Maya
- Launch Maya.
- Select File > Export All, or File > Export Selection. …
- Select FBX from File of Type menu. …
- Enter a name for the FBX file you want to export.
- The FBX Export options appear at the right of the Maya Export dialog box.
What is the difference between OBJ and FBX?
OBJ is much simpler format that only keeps geometry (vertex, normals, etc) and uv data. FBX is much more advanced format that can hold much more data – models, uv data, joints, skinning information, animations, multiple takes of animation in one file, curves, and even embed texture files.