How do I save a CATIA file as STP?
SolidWorks >> CATIA V5 (Dassault)
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
Can we do simulation in CATIA?
The Digital Mock-Up (DMU) Kinematics workbench, available in CATIA, allows users to create simulations of assemblies. … However this is not time based and users can not analyse the kinematic sequence of events. However using the DMU Kinematic workbench, the user can obtain useful information from during the simulation.
How do I share CATIA Assembly?
Inside of CATIA, without any files loaded, click File / Send To / Directory. Choose the top level product of the model that you want to copy. Do not select any of the files that are attached to it – these will be selected automatically for you. Click Open.
How do I save DXF in CATIA?
Open a CATDrawing document.
- Select the File, Save As item. The Save As dialog box is displayed:
- Change the Format type into DXF type.
- Enter the file name.
- Click Save.
Can CATIA open STP files?
Drag the STP file into your running CATIA session, or just use File+Open.
What is the file type for a standard Catia part?
Native File Formats
|CATIA V5, V6||CATPart, CATProduct, CGR|
What is a .IGS file?
A . iges file format is used to transfer two-dimensional or three-dimensional data for a design between CAD software, and can be saved as IGES or a . IGS file.
How do I change working directory in CATIA?
First, launch CATIA, then click on the Tools menu > Options. Next, select General > Document tab. Under the Linked Document Localization section, select Other Folders. Click on the Configure button.