Right-click one or more mates, and select Edit Feature. The mates appear under Mates in the PropertyManager and the related geometry is highlighted in the graphics area. In the PropertyManager, select the mate to edit under Mates and change the desired options. Select a different mate type.
How do you delete mates in Solidworks?
Deleting a Mate
- Click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Take one of the following actions: Press the Delete key. Click Edit > Delete. Right-click and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you view mates in Solidworks?
Hold down Ctrl, click the components, and then right-click. Right-click the subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree. Click View Mates . The View Mates window appears.
Can you copy mates in Solidworks?
When you create additional instances of a component in an assembly, you can include mates from the original instance. You do not have to create the mates manually for each new instance. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > Copy with Mates.
How do you mate parts in Solidworks 2019?
Mate PropertyManager – Mates Tab
- Add a mate by clicking Mate (Assembly toolbar), or Insert > Mate.
- Edit a mate by expanding the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. Right-click one or more mates, and select Edit Feature.
How do I delete mate?
To completely remove MATE:
- Uninstall mate-desktop. To remove just mate-desktop package itself from Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus) execute on terminal: sudo apt-get remove mate-desktop.
- Uninstall mate-desktop and it’s dependent packages. …
- Purging mate-desktop.
How many types of mates are there in Solidworks?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. Advanced mates include limit, linear/linear coupler, path, symmetry, and width mates. Mechanical mates include cam-follower, gear, hinge, rack and pinion, screw, and universal joint mates.
Which mate allows the most degrees of freedom?
In Onshape there is just one Mate between any two parts, and therefore the movement (degrees of freedom) between those two parts embedded within the Mate.
Mates in Onshape & their Types 
|Degrees of Freedom||Mate Types|
|Three Degrees of Freedom||Planar Mate Ball Mate|
|Four Degree of Freedom||Parallel Mate|
What is copy with mates in Solidworks?
With the assembly open, click Copy with Mates (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > Copy with Mates. … For Selected Components in the PropertyManager, in the graphics area, select a component to copy, for example, the pin. Click to advance to the Mates page of the PropertyManager.
How do you duplicate parts in Solidworks assembly?
Two methods of copying SOLIDWORKS features:
- The first is to hold down the CTRL key, then drag & drop the feature to where you want to copy it to.
- The second method is to use CTRL+C, then pick where you want it to paste to and use CTRL+V.
How do you repeat a part in Solidworks assembly?
To use the same mate reference for the next mate as used by the original component, under Mates in the PropertyManager, for the next listed mate, select Repeat. In this example, you select Repeat under the coincident mate. The copy of the selected component is added to the assembly.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you use smart mate in Solidworks?
Adding SmartMates from the Move Component PropertyManager
- Click Move Component on the Assembly toolbar.
- In the PropertyManager, under Move, click SmartMates .
- Double-click a component, then click a valid mate partner. The Mate pop-up toolbar appears.
- Add a SmartMate, then click .
- Click in the PropertyManager.