What are assembly configurations?
In assembly documents, configurations allow you to create: Simplified versions of the design by suppressing components. Families of assemblies with different configurations of the components, different parameters for assembly features, different dimensions, or configuration-specific custom properties.
How do I enable configuration in Solidworks?
To activate a different configuration:
- Click the ConfigurationManager tab to change to the ConfigurationManager.
- Do one of the following: Right-click the name of the configuration you want to view and select Show Configuration. Double-click the configuration name.
How do I create a new configuration in Solidworks?
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
How do I use assembly configurations in Solidworks?
Special Assembly Configurations
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to the desired assembly document, select Advanced under Configurations, and click Open.
- In the Configure Document dialog box, select one of the following: Option. Description. …
- Type a new Configuration name, and click OK. The assembly opens in the new configuration.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do configuration work in Solidworks?
To create a configuration, you specify a name and properties, then you modify the model to create the design variations you want. In part documents, configurations allow you to create families of parts with different dimensions, features, and properties, including custom properties.
How do I change the configuration name in Solidworks?
To rename or delete a configuration, right-click the configuration Name and select Rename or Delete.
How do I copy a configuration in Solidworks?
To save as a copy with a subset of configuration:
- Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager tab, and click Save Configurations.
- In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. …
- Click Save Selected.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Save.
How do you hide components in configuration in Solidworks?
Showing or Hiding Components in all Drawing Views
In the assembly, create an assembly configuration. In the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component and click Hide Components or Show Components .