To create a part within an assembly: Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part. For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
How do you add relationships in SolidWorks?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Relations > Add to create geometric relations (such as tangent or perpendicular) between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. You can choose whether geometric relations are automatically created as you create sketch entities.
How do you hide relationships in Solidworks?
(View toolbar) or View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations to toggle the display of sketch relations. If you clear View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations , but you select a sketch entity in an open sketch, the sketch relation icons appear.
How do you separate parts of a STEP file?
On the Manage tab select Make Components. Select the solid bodies to create separate parts files. Thanks a lot!!
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
How do I remove constraints in SolidWorks?
There are two ways to delete relations within SolidWorks; within the properties manager or on the line itself. Select either the relation box on the sketch or the existing relations name on the properties tab and hit the delete key to delete the relation.
What does Coradial mean?
Coradial. Two or more arcs. The items share the same centerpoint and radius. Perpendicular. Two lines.