How do you show mm and inches in Solidworks drawing?
Show Dimension Units
- In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, click Dimensions and select Show units of dimensions.
- Click OK.
How do I show all dimensions in Solidworks?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
What are dual dimensions in Solidworks?
Dual dimensioning is the drafting practice of using multiple units of measure in a dimension in the same direction of a feature. SolidWorks and many other CAD programs support dual dimensioning.
How do you show diameter dimensions in Solidworks?
With a drawing open, click Options (Standard toolbar), select Document Properties, and then select Dimensions > Diameter.
How do I change from SOLIDWORKS to inches in metric?
Changing the Units in the Default Options
There is only one way to get to the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Default Options; click Simulation>Options>Default Options>Units. From here choose between the SI, English, and Metric unit types.
Why can’t I see dimensions in Solidworks?
In your FeatureManager Tree, right-click on the Annotations folder and select Show Feature Dimensions. … If dimensions for a certain feature do not appear, you can right-click on the feature from either the graphics area or the FeatureManager Tree and select Show All Dimensions.
How do I set dimensions in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you add dimensions in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do you display dual dimensions in Solidworks?
To display dual measure dimensions:
- Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure .
- In the Measure dialog box, click Units/Precision .
- In the Measure Units/Precision dialog box, select Use custom settings and select the first length unit. …
- Click Use Dual Units and select the second unit of measurement.
How do you show dual dimensions in Creo?
Before continuing, make sure dual dimensions are enabled with the dual_dimensioning Detail option.
- Select the dimension to modify. The Dimension ribbon tab opens.
- Click the Dual Dimensions button. The Dual Dimensions Display panel opens.
- Define how to format the dimensions:
Is Double dimensioning prohibited?
It is considered auxiliary information and does not govern production or inspection operations. By definition of reference dimensions, dual dimensions should be treated as reference dimensions. It could be said that dual dimensions are disallowed unless they are considered reference only.