How do you draw a hidden line in SolidWorks?
Showing or Hiding Hidden Edges in the Drawing View Properties Dialog Box
- Right-click the drawing view and select Properties.
- Select the Show Hidden Edges tab.
- Select a feature or component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be shown with hidden lines.
How do I draw a line in SolidWorks drawing?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways:
How do I increase the thickness of a line in Solidworks?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do you show symmetry in Solidworks drawing?
- Click on a dimension.
- In the menu on the left, expand “Dimension Text”
- Position the cursor at the place you want your symbol, maybe before your dimension (
- Click the button at the bottom “More”
- Go to “Geometric tolerancing” in the list and click the center line symmetry symbol.
- Click ok.
- … Profit.
How do you hide the edges of lines in Solidworks?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
How do I draw a line under another line in SolidWorks?
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the model in the graphics area and choose Select Other . The pointer changes to. and a box appears with a list of entities (faces, edges, subassemblies, etc.) …
- Click in the list or the graphics area to select an entity.
How do you draw a line in SolidWorks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
What is the heaviest line in a drawing?
The heaviest line weight indicates the ground line cut. The next heaviest line weight “profiles the planes closest to the plane of projection” (Ching & Juroszek, 1998, p. 152). Medium line weight indicates distance from picture plane, progressively getting lighter to describe objects further from the picture plane.