Can you make a part in an assembly solidworks?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
How do you flex bend in Solidworks?
To create Flex features, click Flex (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Flex, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
You can create four types of flexes:
How do I stretch a part in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Stretch, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. and then click on the sketch to set a base point. Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do you draw an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you insert a flat pattern in Solidworks?
Creating Drawings of Flat Patterns
- Open the sheet metal part for which you want to add a drawing.
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. …
- Select a format or click OK to use the default format.
- From the View Palette, drag the Flat pattern to the drawing sheet. …
- Click .
How do you find the bend line?
T = material thickness. t = distance from inside face to the neutral line. A = bend angle in degrees (the angle through which the material is bent)
Where is the Flex tool in Solidworks?
Click on the Flex feature in the Features tab. If you don’t have Flex in your features tab, go to the top pulldown menu and click on Insert, select “Features”, and then select “Flex”.
How do you change the bend axis flex in Solidworks?
Example of Flex Bending
- Move the pointer over the triad arrows to display the drag/rotate pointer. . …
- Move the pointer over the trim plane manipulators to display the move pointer . …
- Move the pointer over the edge of the trim planes to display the bending pointer .
- Drag the trim planes to bend and modify the flex feature.