Can you edit STL files in Onshape?
Keep in mind, you can not modify STL data within Onshape. You can only use it to reference to.
How do I import a zip file into Onshape?
To import your assembly into Onshape, simply click the “Import Document files” command from the Documents page and select the appropriate file.
How do I import files into Onshape?
Option 2: Import into an existing document
Open the Onshape document into which you want to import files. Click (Insert new element icon) at the bottom of the window. Select Import… from the menu. Select one or more files to import and click Open.
How do I edit STL files?
Step 1: Open STL file and convert it to solid model
- Open FreeCAD and create a new document by clicking on File > New.
- Click File > Import and select the object you want to modify. …
- Change your workbench to Part.
- Select the imported object in the Model window. …
- Now click on Part > Create shape from mesh.
How do you convert STL to solid?
Convert STL mesh file to solid model
- To convert STL mesh file into solid download & install Autoshaper software.
- Start STL file converter from the new Windows menu shortcut.
- Click on the Open button and navigate to your STL file location.
- Define required limit surface quality for automatic solid conversion.
How do I convert my Onshape to PDF?
You can export Onshape drawings to the following file types: PDF.
- Right-click on the Drawing tab.
- Select Export.
- Specify a name for the export file.
- Select the desired export format.
- Select the version and sheets, as appropriate. …
- Choose how to treat overridden dimensions: Show underlines or Hide underlines.
Is Onshape free for hobbyists?
At no cost, hobbyists, makers, and others who are willing to freely share their designs can pursue their projects without the hassles commonly found in old CAD systems. Onshape is accessible from any device, never loses data, and makes sharing and collaboration easy.
Can Onshape open SCAD files?
scad file in FreeCAD and export it from there as . step file will create a STEP file that Onshape will happily import into a part studio with no further intervention on your side.
Can Onshape import Sketchup?
There are scripts you can install in Sketchup that will allow you to export files that can be imported into Onshape. @Panos_Seoolas Please understand that sketchup is a polyhedral modeler. Everything from sketchup will be a mesh inside OS or any other geometric based CAD system.
How do I read a Sldprt file?
SLDPRT files are typically opened using SolidWorks. However, they may also be viewed with SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer, Autodesk Fusion 360, and Adobe Acrobat 3D or Acrobat Pro 9 or later.