What files can be imported into Onshape?
The origin and format of the data comes into play with how Onshape translates it: Data from most systems imports via a universal format like ACIS, JT, STEP, IGES, Parasolid, OBJ, or STL. For AutoCAD solids the best import format is ACIS, and all 2D data is imported to DWG or DXF.
How do I import a drawing into Onshape?
Drawings are able to be imported from: The Documents page where they automatically become a new document. Within a document, where they automatically become a tab inside that document.
Importing from within a document
- Click .
- Select Import…
- Select the file to import.
Can Onshape import Sketchup?
There are scripts you can install in Sketchup that will allow you to export files that can be imported into Onshape. @Panos_Seoolas Please understand that sketchup is a polyhedral modeler. Everything from sketchup will be a mesh inside OS or any other geometric based CAD system.
Is Onshape free for hobbyists?
At no cost, hobbyists, makers, and others who are willing to freely share their designs can pursue their projects without the hassles commonly found in old CAD systems. Onshape is accessible from any device, never loses data, and makes sharing and collaboration easy.
How do I edit imported files on Onshape?
To update the data imported into Onshape:
- Export the file again from the original system. …
- Open the Onshape document containing the originally imported data, right-click the tab with the file name, and select Update.
- The name of the Onshape tab is not changed (even if the file chosen for the update has a different name).
Can you import STL files into Onshape?
Onshape can import STL and use them as reference geometry which is a great feature for 3d scans that are not perfect geometry to start with.
How do you download Onshape files?
Tap the menu icon next to the tab and tap Download. Download copies the file in its current format to your local machine, giving it the same name and file type. You are able to import and download any non-native file type into and out of Onshape.
How do you make a mesh into a Onshape?
Use Meshlab (open source software) to decimate your STL to 5000 faces, import into Vectorworks and use the ‘convert to generic solids’ and then export as Parasolid XT which creates a part in OnShape.
How do you extrude an image on Onshape?
You can’t directly extrude an image, no. To extrude geometry from an image, you’ll have to import the image, trace the geometry you want using sketch geometry, and then extrude using that geometry.
How do I add a logo to a JPG?
How it works
- Upload a single photo from your computer, Google Drive or Dropbox. Add a text or a logo. …
- Edit your text or logo using the editing toolkit. Drag your text or logo to any place within the picture. …
- Click on “Save image” and download a copy of your image with the text or logo.