Use Insert Part to insert a base part into another part document. You can create a new part from solid bodies or surface bodies by using the Insert Into New Part command. You can use Mirror Part to create a part that is an opposite-hand version of an existing part.
How do you make a part based on another part in SOLIDWORKS?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you make a derived part?
Create a Derived Part
- Create a part file: …
- On the ribbon, click Manage tab Insert panel Derive .
- In the Open dialog box, browse to the part file (IPT) to use as the base part or component (not available in Inventor LT), and click Open.
- Select the Derive style.
How do you mate a derived part in SOLIDWORKS?
After you insert a part, you can move, copy, rotate, or mate it using Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar).
- Right-click the part and click External References.
- Select a configuration in Configuration, and click OK. You can control the configuration with a design table. See Base Parts in Configurations.
Can you split an assembly in SolidWorks?
You can create separate part files, and form an assembly from the new parts. You can split one or more solid or surface bodies. To split a surface, the Trimming Surface must extend past the boundaries of the surface to split. Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
Which command should you select to create new part in SolidWorks?
Click New Part on the Assembly toolbar, or click Insert > Component > New Part.
How do I activate plastic in SOLIDWORKS?
If this is the first time you are using SOLIDWORKS Plastics, you must activate the SOLIDWORKS Plastics Add-In.
- Click Tools > Add-Ins.
- Under SOLIDWORKS Add-ins, select SOLIDWORKS Plastics.
- Select the Start-up box next to SOLIDWORKS Plastics to ensure that it loads the next time you start SOLIDWORKS.
How do I activate flexible components in SOLIDWORKS?
To open the Activate Flexible Component PropertyManager: Open an assembly, right-click a part, and click Make Part Flexible in the context toolbar.
How do I activate SOLIDWORKS 2021?
In SOLIDWORKS, you clicked Help > Licenses > Activate. (You are in Activate mode.)
What is a Solidworks derived part?
You can create a part directly from an existing part. The new part, called a derived part, has the original part as its first feature. By default, the derived part is linked to the original part by means of an external reference. Any changes to the original part are reflected in the derived part.
How do you replace a derived part in Solidworks?
To edit the original part from which another part is derived:
- Right-click the derived part, and select Edit In Context. If the part was derived using an insert part or a mirror part, the original part document is opened. …
- Change the original part as needed.
What is a derived sketch in Solidworks?
Derives a sketch from another sketch that belongs to the same part, or derives a sketch from another sketch in the same assembly. When you derive a sketch from an existing sketch, you are assured that the two sketches will retain the characteristics that they share in common.