How do you make a slot in SolidWorks?
To create a Hole Wizard slot for a part:
- Select a face and click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard.
- In the PropertyManager, on the Type tab, for Hole Type, select a slot type: Option. Description. …
- Under Hole Specifications, for Slot length. , enter a value.
- Select other options and click .
Can you countersink a slot?
You cannot punch a countersink. The countersunk slots will have to be fabricated in a machine shop.
How do I edit a circular pattern in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch pattern: Right-click a pattern instance and select the appropriate Edit option. If you selected Display instance count, you can double-click the instance count and change it in the graphics area. Search ‘Editing Sketch Patterns’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you draw a 3 point arc in Solidworks?
To sketch 3 point arcs:
- Click 3 Point Arc .
- Click to set a start point.
- Drag the pointer. , then click to set an end point.
- Drag to set the radius.
- Click to set the arc.
- Click . Video: Sketching a 3 Point Arc.
How do I move an arc in Solidworks?
To autotransition between line and arc:
- Click Line (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools, Sketch Entities, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. …
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
What is required for a tangent arc?
When an arc is tangent to a circle, its center must be the radius distance away from that circle. … The only point that is on both the circle and the line is the center of the desired tangent arc. Draw the 1.00-radius circle tangent to the 1.50-diameter circle and centered on the point just found.