How do I move and copy in Revit?
- Select one or more elements in the drawing area.
- Element’s contextual tab will appear -> Modify panel -> Copy.
- Click once in the drawing area to begin moving and copying the elements.
- Move the cursor away from the original elements and toward the area where you want to place a copy.
How do you duplicate a view in Revit?
To duplicate a view, right-click the view title in the Project Browser. The 3 duplicate options are listed. When you select the “duplicate” option, an exact duplicate of the view is created, without the annotation and detailing items. With duplicate, only the model geometry of the view is included.
Can you duplicate a family in Revit?
right-click the family or type, and click Rename. As an alternative, select the type and press F2. right-click a type, and click Duplicate.
Where is the copy tool in Revit?
Do one of the following: Select the elements to copy, and then click Modify |
How do you copy furniture in Revit?
Revit Tip: Copy vs. Copy to Clipboard
- Select the object or objects.
- Select Copy.
- Click on the beginning reference point.
- Click on the ending point.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
Can Revit not duplicate existing views?
Go to View > Plans Views > Floor plan. Uncheck “Do not duplicate existing views”. Select the same Level from step one. Select OK.
How do you use the copy command in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to copy, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Copy).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Copy), select the elements to copy, and then press Enter .
How do you copy a window in Revit?
2 Answers By Expert Tutors. When you want to copy and paste a wall hosted item, use the typical CTRL/CMD+C and CRTL/CMD+V shortcut.