How do I export an assembly in SOLIDWORKS?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
How do I email a SOLIDWORKS File?
Just hover over “SOLIDWORKS” and select “Pack and Go” from the menu that appears. It can also be launched from within SOLIDWORKS under the “File” menu. If you plan on emailing your copied files, it is recommended to use the “Save to Zip file” option, which you can find in the Pack and Go dialog box.
How do you save an assembly as a part?
To save an assembly as a part, we use the File > Save As command. After . sldprt file type is selected, three options appear in the Save As dialog: Exterior faces – saved part includes external faces only, all bodies being surfaces.
Can you make a part from an assembly in SOLIDWORKS?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
How do I convert assembly to single part in SOLIDWORKS?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
Can you save an assembly as a STEP File?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. … Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I email a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
But you can send files by email directly from SOLIDWORKS. When are you open?: Hello, assembly or drawing in the menu File just choose send to… For parts, the e-mail program opens immediately with the attachment added.
How do I convert a STEP File to SOLIDWORKS assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.
Can you email STEP files?
According to SOLIDWORKS, any e-mail system which is MAPI compliant will work with the File – Send to option. The most common example is Microsoft Outlook. If you do not have a MAPI compliant email system on your computer, the File – Send to option will not be available under the File pull down menu.
How do I zip a file in Solidworks?
Saving Files as Zip Files
- Click File > Save As.
- Set Save as type to eDrawings Zip Files (*. zip).
- Select from the export options.
- Type the File name, then click Save.
How can I open Sldasm file?
Programs that open SLDASM files
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks.
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer.
- Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Okino Computer Graphics PolyTrans.
How do I merge two bodies in a Solidworks assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you use Defeature in Solidworks?
To use the Defeature tool:
- Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. The PropertyManager has multiple pages. …
- Specify options in the PropertyManager. Click Next and Back to move between pages.
- On the Feature Removal Complete page, click . The Defeature options are saved in the original model.