How do I hide a component in Solidworks?
To show or hide a component from the shortcut menu: Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component.
Can you hide components in an assembly?
Hiding and Showing Components Using the Tab Key
In the graphics area, you can press Tab, Shift + Tab, and Ctrl + Shift + Tab to hide and show components of an assembly.
How do you organize BOM in Solidworks?
Saving Sort Settings as a BOM Property
- Right-click a BOM table in an assembly or drawing.
- Set sort criteria for the table. For example, right-click a table column and click Sort.
- Under Sort Save, click Save current sort settings.
- Click OK. The current sort settings are saved as a BOM property.
How do you show hidden parts in Solidworks?
Right-click on the blank graphics area and select “Show Hidden Components.” SOLIDWORKS will display any components hidden in the assembly. If you click on the component, it will show it when you exit this state (which can be done by clicking Escape on your keyboard or clicking “Exit Show-Hidden”).
What is suppress in Solidworks?
When you suppress a feature, it is removed from the model (but not deleted). The feature disappears from the model view and is shown in gray in the FeatureManager design tree. If the feature has child features, the child features are also suppressed.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you hide geometry in Solidworks?
Right-click the plane in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Select Hide or Show.
How do you switch between configurations in an assembly?
To configure a component:
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Configure Component .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new assembly configurations. Change the component configuration used in each assembly configuration.
How do I change the order of BOM in Solidworks?
By changing the order in the assembly, you can control the order in the bill of materials. To change the order of components: Drag and drop the icons in the FeatureManager design tree to rearrange the order. The component is placed below the icon where you drop it (the highlighted icon).
What is a top level BOM?
The resulting top-level BOM (item number) would include children; a mix of finished sub-assemblies, various parts and raw materials. A multi-level structure can be illustrated by a tree with several levels.
How do you display material in BOM solidworks?
With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click .
How do you show hidden components?
To select hidden components to be shown: Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. In the graphics area, hidden components are displayed and shown components disappear.
How do you make all components visible in Solidworks?
To show the component again, do one of the following:
- Select the component in the Hide/Show Components list and press Delete.
- Select the component in the FeatureManager design tree.
- To show all hidden components again, right-click in the list and click Clear Selections.