There are a few reasons why your SOLIDWORKS assembly file might take longer to open than you expect. It could be due to hardware, file management, or even some system option settings. One easy thing to check is the file reference setting in the SOLIDWORKS system options. … last path used by the system.
How long should solidworks take to open?
Expect it to take between 35 minutes and several hours, depending on your network connection, processor speed, and other factors. It is recommended that you remove any previous versions before proceeding. SolidWorks is not available for 32-bit operating systems.
How do I fix Solidworks so slow?
Enable Large Assembly Settings. If you are working on a large assembly, enable Large Assembly Settings.
- Close all open documents.
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the System Options tab, select Performance.
- Clear Use software OpenGL.
- Click OK.
How do I speed up solidworks 2019?
Optimizing Solidworks Performance
- Adjust Windows Visual Effects settings (found under Performance Options) for best performance. …
- Set SOLIDWORKS options to optimal. …
- Turn off SOLIDWORKS add-Ins not being used. …
- Boost processor clock speed. …
- Reduce Top Level Mates and enable Solving Subassemblies as Rigid (15% improvement).
How do I give more RAM to Solidworks?
How to set custom sized virtual memory:
- System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced (Tab) > Settings..
- Advanced (Tab) > Change..
- Untick ‘automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Choose the Drive you would like to utilize Virtual Memory on. ( …
- Choose Custom size button.
How do I run a diagnostic in Solidworks?
Simply right click on the SOLIDWORKS Resource Monitor icon and pick Run System Diagnostics.
How do I run a solidworks performance test?
Before you open any applications, from the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > SOLIDWORKS Performance Test. In the SOLIDWORKS Performance Testdialog box, read the instructions and click Start.
Is more RAM better for SOLIDWORKS?
The researchers showed that invest- ing in an Intel® Xeon® processor-based workstation with more RAM, robust processors and faster hard drives will increase SolidWorks productivity so much that it typically pays for itself in six months via accelerated design iterations.
How do I enable performance pipeline in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
Click Options or Tools > Options > System Options and select Performance.
How do I know if SOLIDWORKS is using my Graphics Card?
Under the Diagnostics tab in the SOLIDWORKS RX Tool, you can see information on the card model and currently installed driver. If the Graphics Card is supported by SOLIDWORKS, the SOLIDWORKS RX Tool will tell you if the driver is out of date.