How do you reduce the number of polygons?
Blender (2.7)- How to reduce the polygons count
- 1-Open the model with Blender then select the object polygon you want to lower. …
- 3-Then, choose the “Decimate” tool.
- 4-When the “Decimate” window appear, the polygon count is displayed.
- 5-On the “Decimate” modifier window, change the ratio to a number lower than 1.00.
How do you simplify a component in SketchUp?
Select the component using SketchUp’s select tool. Then click the ‘Simplify Selection’ button in the Skimp toolbar. Drag the simplification slider or enter the desired percentage of reduction and press Enter or Return.
How do you reduce the number of polygons in a mesh?
Select the faces you want to reduce. In the Modeling menu set, select Mesh > Reduce > . Set the reduction percentage, target number of vertices, or target number of triangles and turn on Keep original, then click Reduce.
How do you reduce a triangular count?
Blender – Using the Decimate Geometry tool to reduce triangle count on a skinned mesh
- Select the model and switch to Edit Mode. …
- Select Mesh > Clean up > Decimate Geometry from the bottom menu. …
- In the Decimate Geometry options, set Ratio to the percentage by which to reduce the triangle count.
How do I optimize my SketchUp model?
Optimizing your modeling techniques
- Stick to simple styles. Whenever possible, turn off shadows, textures, and special display effects while modeling. …
- Components are your friends. …
- Hide geometry you don’t currently need. …
- Choose JPEGs over TIFFs. …
- Disable fog and shadows. …
- Purge data that you don’t need anymore.
What is Polycount in SketchUp?
The closest polygon estimate you can get with a vanilla version of SketchUp is a “Faces” count. Go to Window/Model Info and select the “Show nested components” check box. Both the “Edges” and “Faces” numbers should give you a good idea of how many polygons you’re dealing with.
How do I reduce the size of a Twinmotion file?
File size: Twinmotion is less sensitive to the number of polygons, but the number of objects count. Therefor we recommend to use the Collaps by Material option during the import to reduce the number of items in the scene graph.
How do I save a SketchUp file as a lower version?
Open the SketchUp file by clicking File > Open. Click File > Save As…. This will open the Save dialog box. Click the Save as Type drop-down menu and choose the version of SketchUp you would like use to open the file.