What is linear sketch pattern?
Create linear sketch patterns using sketch entities on a plane or on a model. Pre-select entities to pattern, and you can select to pattern along either axis by setting a value for Number of Instances . … Select the X-axis, a linear entity, or a model edge to define Direction 1.
What is linear pattern in Solidworks?
Use linear patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly along one or two linear paths. To create a linear pattern: … Create one or more features to replicate. Click Linear Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Linear Pattern.
How do you draw a linear sketch pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .
What is linear pattern and write its use in Solidworks?
You can use linear patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly along one or two linear paths. Seed feature. Linear pattern – two directions. Linear pattern – one direction.
What is a linear pattern?
A linear number pattern is a sequence of numbers whose difference between all the terms is the same. When you count, the difference between each successive number is 1.
How do you use a linear pattern in Solidworks assembly?
To create a linear pattern of components:
- Click Linear Component Pattern (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component Pattern > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, specify options under Direction 1: …
- Repeat for Direction 2 for a bidirectional pattern. …
- Click in Components to Pattern , then select the seed components.
How do you use variable patterns in SolidWorks?
To create a variable pattern across a planar or nonplanar surface:
- In a part document, click Variable Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Variable Pattern . …
- In the PropertyManager, for Features to Pattern , select the features to pattern in the graphics area or flyout FeatureManager design tree.
How do you draw a sketch driven pattern in Solidworks?
To build a sketch driven pattern:
- Open a sketch on the face of a part.
- Create a seed feature on the model.
- Click Point or Tools > Sketch Entity > Point , and add multiple sketch points to represent the pattern you want to create, based on the seed feature.
- Close the sketch.
How do you fill a pattern in Solidworks?
To create a fill pattern, click Fill Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Fill Pattern, set the PropertyManager options, and click . Parameters control the pattern layout. You can create a sheet metal perforation-style pattern, or a pattern of concentric shapes typically used to enhance aesthetics.
How do you use the circular pattern feature in Solidworks?
Use circular patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly around an axis.
To create a circular pattern:
- Create one or more features to replicate.
- Click Circular Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Circular Pattern.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click .
How do you delete a linear pattern in SolidWorks?
Select on a face of this feature or pick multiple feature surfaces at the same time by holding down the CTRL key:
- Next, press the Delete key on your keyboard. …
- Choose to delete the pattern instance, and you will see the item selected remove from the pattern as an instance being skipped!
What is geometry pattern SolidWorks?
A geometry pattern copies, but does not solve, the patterned feature. End conditions and calculations are ignored. Each instance is an exact copy of the faces and edges of the original feature. The Geometry Pattern option is available for all pattern features except variable patterns.
WHAT IS curve driven pattern in SolidWorks?
The Curve Driven Pattern tool allows you to create patterns along a planar or 3D curve. … Like other pattern types, such as linear or circular, you can skip pattern instances, and pattern in one or two directions. To create a curve driven pattern: Create a part that includes a feature you want to pattern along a curve.