Import diagnostics repairs faulty surfaces, knits repaired surfaces into closed bodies, and makes closed bodies into solids. To initiate Import Diagnostics: When you import a model with faults, a message asks if you want to run Import Diagnostics.
How do I fix an import error in Solidworks?
The following two options in Tools > Options > Import can help identify and repair geometry errors as files are imported in SOLIDWORKS:
- Perform full entity check and repair errors.
- Automatically run SOLIDWORKS Import Diagnostics (Healing)
How do I heal gaps in Solidworks?
To repair a model:
- Click Attempt to Heal All.
- If faults remain, repair faulty faces first. Right-click a face in the list and select from the menu.
- Repair gaps last. Right-click a gap in the list and select from the menu.
- When all repairs are complete, click .
How do I repair surfaces in Solidworks?
If you right-click on any of the faces, you can select the “What’s Wrong?” option, and SolidWorks will provide a brief description from the issue at hand. Some common examples are “General geometry problem” or “Self-intersecting face.” Next, click the “Attempt to Heal All” button.
How do I use FeatureWorks in Solidworks?
To set FeatureWorks to activate whenever you open SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-Ins and select FeatureWorks under the Active Add-ins and Start-up columns. Search ‘Accessing FeatureWorks Commands’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I run a diagnostic in Solidworks?
Simply right click on the SOLIDWORKS Resource Monitor icon and pick Run System Diagnostics. For a detailed blog on the low memory message, click here. For information about your graphics card and drivers, click the Windows Start button and type in SOLIDWORKS Rx.
How do you fix a self intersecting face in Solidworks?
To fix self-intersected surfaces:
- In the PropertyManager, select Edit feature lines.
- Use the edit feature lines tools to modify feature lines.
- Click Update Preview to check progress. …
- If you cannot fix all the surface errors, click . …
- Click OK.
- Use the SolidWorks surfacing tools to fill the surfaces areas you deleted.
How do I unlink a feature in Solidworks?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do you fix short edges in Solidworks?
To heal edges:
- Click Heal Edges (Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Heal Edges.
- In the PropertyManager, under Faces: Select the faces whose edges you want to heal for Face(s) to Heal . …
- Click Heal Edges. …
- Click .
How do you hide the edges of lines in Solidworks?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .