Specifies a view from which to derive the detail view.
What are the different views in Autocad?
Types of Drawing Views
- Base View. The first view created in a drawing. …
- Projected View. An orthographic or isometric view that is generated from a base view or other existing view. …
- Auxiliary View. A view projected perpendicular to a user-selected line or edge. …
- Section View. …
- Detail View. …
- Overlay View. …
- Draft View.
How do I select a parent view in Fusion 360?
Press ESC to deselect the view. From the ribbon, select Projected View. When you are prompted to select the parent view, click the base view. Move the cursor above, and then to the left, and then to the right of the base view.
How do I create a projected view in Autocad?
To Create a Projected View
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Projected View. Find.
- Click the drawing view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Move the preview to the desired location and click to place the view. …
- Repeat step 3 until all the required projected view are created.
- Press ENTER.
How do I get Autocad back to normal view?
To Restore the Default Home View
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the Open and Save tab, under File Save, click Thumbnail Preview Settings.
- Click Reset Home To Default, and click OK to exit the dialog boxes.
How do I get two views in AutoCAD?
To Create Multiple Drawing Views (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the Browser, choose the Drawing tab. …
- Double-click a Layout to make it the active layout.
- Right-click the Layout icon, and then choose New View.
- In the Create Drawing View dialog box, …
- Select the location of the projected view.
How do you move sections in Fusion 360?
Hold the “Shift” key as the section view is placed. This will allow the view to be moved out of alignment from the parent view.
How do you create a section view in Fusion 360?
The Section Analysis tool creates a section of a model and allows to see inside it:
- Choose Inspect -> Section Analysis.
- Select a face or plane for the section view to start on.
- Use the manipulators to position the section view.
- Click OK. Fusion will add the section view to the Analysis folder in the browser tree.
What is a section view drawing?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
What is projection in Autocad?
Orthogonal and isometric drawing views generated from an existing drawing view are referred to as projected views. Projected views can be derived from any existing view, as long as the existing view is not out-of-date or unresolved.
What is a crop view in Solidworks?
A crop view focuses on a portion of a drawing view by hiding all but a defined area. The uncropped portion is enclosed using a sketch, usually a spline or other closed contour. You can crop any drawing view except a Detail View or a view from which a Detail View has been created.
How do I fix the view in AutoCAD?
To Rename a View or Change View Properties
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. …
- In the View Manager, expand View Lists as needed, and click the view name you want to change.
- In the Properties panel, click the property that you want to change.
How do I view homes in AutoCAD?
Can’t see properties AutoCAD?
- Enter CUI on the command line.
- Select the workspace on the left.
- Click the Customize Workspace button on the right.
- Expand Palettes and select Properties.
- Change the appearance settings to: Show: Do not change. …
- Click the Done button at the top and then click OK.
What are the default settings for AutoCAD 2021?
In Preferences, click the Application tab. Click the Reset Application Options button. Click Reset AutoCAD.
How do I reset AutoCAD 2021 to default settings?
- Click the AutoCAD 2021 or AutoCAD LT 2021 menu.
- Click Reset AutoCAD or Reset AutoCAD LT.
- Confirm that you want to restore all AutoCAD settings to default.