Solutions architects are responsible not only for providing hardware and software selections, and determining which choices have the best impact on a business outcome; they also have a solid understanding of business, and an ability to communicate effectively with internal teams and customers.
What makes you a good fit for the solutions architect role?
“The role of an IT solution architect requires excellent communication skills and good technical background. Solution architects should have extensive experience across different systems and their architecture. … They should also be influential, have good negotiation skills, and be able to work collaboratively.”
What skills do you need to be a solutions architect?
For experience, Solution Architects are oftentimes required to have practical skills and knowledge in:
- Computer and operating systems.
- Infrastructure and engineering design.
- System security measures.
- Business analysis.
- Database management.
- Cloud development.
- Web platforms.
How do I prepare for a solutions architect interview?
The most common you’ll likely encounter in a solutions architect interview include:
- Explain the projects in your portfolio.
- Share an example in which you analyzed a complex problem, came up with a solution and evaluated results.
- Show me projects you’ve worked on that demonstrate technical skills in coding.
What goals would you set for yourself as a professional solutions architect?
What Is a Solution Architect?
- Enabling greater productivity or lowering cost (senior management)
- Streamlining day to day activities (business users)
- Providing a secure, stable and supportable environment (IT Support)
What is solution architect job description?
The role of the solutions architect is the person who organises the development effort of a systems solution. The solutions architect is responsible for the development of the overall vision that underlies the projected solution and transforms that vision through execution into the solution.
Does solution architect require coding?
AWS Certified Solutions Architect doesn’t require coding skills to enter or prosper in your career. … But in general, you as Solutions Architect needs to understand coding to make informed decisions for your team.
Is solution architect a good job?
The solution architect position is good as it mixes great technical experience and partial managerial competency. From this position, you can move into a wide range of directions. At first, you can grow as a successful architect of the solutions and be highly profitable and the most sought-after expert on the market.
What is solution architect salary?
Solution Architect in Sydney Area Salaries
|TAFE NSW Solution Architect salaries – 2 salaries reported||Sydney Area||$115/hr|
|Ericsson-Worldwide Solution Architect salaries – 2 salaries reported||Sydney Area||$147,770/yr|
|Tech Mahindra Solution Architect salaries – 2 salaries reported||Sydney Area||$115,000/yr|
What should I say in an architecture interview?
General interview questions
- Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
- Why are you leaving your job?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What projects of ours did you like most?
- Why do you want to be an architect?
- How you describe your work style as an architect?
What are your expectations of yourself as an architect?
What are your expectations of yourself as an architect? It’s important to be ambitious, but you must balance this with a realistic timescale. Try to show a genuine awareness of potential challenges and that you have an idea of how you might overcome them.
Is Solution architect a stressful job?
Stress is not uncommon amongst solution architects, with daily work sometimes being quite demanding.
Why do solutions architects make so much?
There is a demand for Solutions Architects because they are in short supply – but more specifically, their skills are in short supply. Businesses often refer to this as a skills gap. … It means that employers are willing to pay more for people with the skills they need.
How do you succeed as a solution architect?
Successful solutions architects do these five things
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn. An SA must be able to work in a wide variety of scenarios and be open to learn the unique requirements of each project. …
- Time management. …
- Communication skills and business acumen. …
- Decisiveness. …
- Industry technical credentials.