The American Institute of Architects (AIA) defines Five Phases of Architecture that are commonly referred to throughout the industry: Schematic Design, Design Development, Contract Documents, Bidding, Contract Administration.
What are the 5 major architectural drawings?
Standard views used in architectural drawing
- Floor plan.
- Site plan.
- Cross section.
- Isometric and axonometric projections.
- Detail drawings.
- Presentation drawings.
- Survey drawings.
What are the 5 stages of architectural design process?
What Are the 5 Phases of a Design Project? The 5 phases of a design project are Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding, and Construction Administration, according to the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
What are the 5 basic architectural services?
There are 5 design phases to architectural services. They are (in order) Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding, and Construction Administration.
What makes a good architectural plan?
With the utilization of quality materials and design principles, a good architectural design must be comfortable and highly durable against general use, weather and the environment. A good architectural design should not be limited to the current needs of the occupants. It must also be prepared for the years to come.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
What is meant by basic architectural services?
Architectural services include design, preparation of construction documents, and construction administration. Architects also provide a wide variety of services including feasibility studies, architectural programming and project management.
What are the six stages of architectural services or work stages?
- Work Stage 1: Inception – Appraisal and Project Definition.
- Work Stage 2: Design Concept and Viability.
- Work Stage 3: Design Development.
- Work Stage 4.1: Council Documentation and Approvals.
- Work Stage 4.2: Construction Documentation and Procurement.
- Work Stage 5: Construction and Site Inspection.