Hold down Ctrl and right click to pan. Then left click to zoom or left click and momentarily hold to rotate.
How do you pan around Freecad?
Previously there was no mouse-only panning; it always required holding the Shift key. This changed in 2016, now you can hold both left and right mouse buttons to pan. Press the left mouse button over an object you want to select. Hold Shift and the middle mouse button, then move the pointer.
How do I rotate 3D in Freecad?
Hold the middle mouse button, then press and hold the left mouse button, then move the pointer. The cursor location when the middle mouse button is pressed determines the center of rotation.
How do you freely rotate objects in Freecad?
Use the Rotate manipulator in these ways to rotate the selected objects:
- Drag the rings to rotate around the different axes.
- Drag the light blue outer ring to rotate in screen space to face the camera. …
- Drag in the grey area between the rings to rotate freely around any axis.
How do you recompute FreeCAD?
- To force a recompute select the document or one or more objects in the Tree view, choose the. Mark to recompute option from the context menu, and invoke the command.
- For objects, but not for documents, you can also choose Recompute object from the same context menu (introduced in version 0.19).
How do I hide a part in Freecad?
- Select one or more objects. Invisible objects can be selected in the Tree view. Be careful when you use Ctrl+A to select all objects in the Tree view. …
- Select the View → Toggle visibility option from the menu. Select the View → Visibility → Toggle visibility option from the menu.
How do I open combos in Freecad?
If so, try going to View -> Workbench -> select one. Also, try View -> Panels -> Combo view and make sure it is enabled.
How do you make a grid on FreeCAD?
To use the grid select: Edit → Preferences… → Draft → Grid and snapping → Grid → Use grid. After changing this preference you must restart FreeCAD.
How do I get rid of the grid on FreeCAD?
If that is the case, you will want to first go to the Draft Workbench, then go to Edit > Preferences… > Draft > Grid and snapping tab. There you can set your grid preferences.
How do I export from STL to FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to export shapes as STL file?
- Select a shape that you want to output on Tree View.
- Select [File]-[Export…] from menu bar.
- In [Export file] dialog, select [Mesh formats] from [Save as type]. Export file dialog.
- Enter the name of file to be output to [File name]. …
- Click Save to save the file.
How do you rotate in Vectorworks?
Select the object to rotate. Click the Rotate tool from the Basic palette. To change the selected objects, press and hold the Alt key (Windows) or Cmd key (Mac) while you Shift-click or click-drag to select the objects. The Selection tool is activated in boomerang mode while the Alt or Cmd key is pressed.