In command line type “COMPUTEMATERIALS”. Select the alignment and sample line group to sample, then click “OK”. Change “Quantity takeoff criteria” to “Cut and Fill” or other desired criteria. Map the sampled surfaces to the correct object names, then click “OK”.
How do you create a section cut in Civil 3d?
To create multiple quick cross sections along a baseline
- In the Toolspace, on the Toolbox tab, expand Miscellaneous Utilities Surfaces. …
- When prompted for an option, enter Multiple.
- In the drawing, pick points to draw a baseline.
- Press Enter to finish drawing.
- Enter a sampling interval.
- Enter a left swath width.
How do you draw cut and fill?
This method involves drawing horizontal and vertical lines over your site plan to divide it into grid cells of equal size. You then include the existing elevation and proposed elevation for each corner of the grid cells, and work out the difference between the two, as this will be cut or fill depth for that spot.
How do I create a volume surface in Civil 3d?
To create a new volume surface in the Volumes Dashboard
- Click Analyze tab Volumes and Materials panel Volumes Dashboard Find.
- In the Volumes Dashboard, click Create New Volume Surface.
- Use the Create Surface dialog box to set up the volume surface and click OK.
How do I create a section view?
A full section view is generated by running the cutting plane through the entire length of the object being sectioned.
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full. …
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line.
Is cut and fill expensive?
Costs. Builders say that putting a concrete slab on a cut and fill site is cheap, and it is until you factor in extra costs to solve the drainage problems that occur after the builder has long gone. Putting in drainage after completion of the home is very expensive.
How do you get cut and fill volume in Civil 3d?
- In command line type “COMPUTEMATERIALS”.
- Select the alignment and sample line group to sample, then click “OK”.
- Change “Quantity takeoff criteria” to “Cut and Fill” or other desired criteria.
- Map the sampled surfaces to the correct object names, then click “OK”.
What is the formula of volume?
Perimeter, Area, and Volume
|Table 3. Volume Formulas|
|Cube||V=s3||s is the length of the side.|
|Right Rectangular Prism||V=LWH||L is the length, W is the width and H is the height.|
|Prism or Cylinder||V=Ah||A is the area of the base, h is the height.|
How do you calculate earthwork volume?
The pay item unit of measurement for volume usually is the cubic yard. Keep this relationship in mind: One cubic foot = 1728 cubic inches; One cubic yard = 27 cubic feet; and One cubic foot = 7.48 gallons. Volumes of earthwork usually are computed from cross sections taken before and after construction.
How do you calculate fill area?
- Measure the length, width and depth of the area you want to fill with dirt. …
- Calculate the volume of dirt needed to fill the area you measured by multiplying length (120 inches) by width (60 inches) by depth (30 inches). …
- Convert cubic inches to cubic yards by dividing by 46,656 cubic inches.
What is cut and fill factor?
n Cut factor: Compensates for the expansion factor of the material left after the cut. n Fill factor: Compensates for the compaction factor of the fill material. For example, for a material that expands 15 percent, type the value 1.15.