The most evident way of finding where a Circular Reference may be is when the rebuild symbol appears on a feature in the FeatureManager Tree. This is the only way you’re really going to know where to start making changes. If you rebuild and still see this symbol there is most likely a Circular Reference.
How do I find references in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
What is cyclic reference in Solidworks PDM?
A Cyclic Reference occurs in assemblies when two or more components share external references in such a way that a rebuild of one component necessitates rebuild of another. The only way to resolve this error is to edit the file within SOLIDWORKS. It is not possible to check in these files until the issue is corrected.
How do I fix references in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do you fix a cyclic reference in SolidWorks?
Then follow these steps:
- Open the sample part.
- Go to Tools | Options | Message/Errors/Warnings.
- Make sure that the “Display potential circular references in equations” option is set to “Everywhere” or “In equations dialog only”.
- Go to Tools | Equations. …
- Move the cursor over the “Automatic solve order” option.
How do you add references in SolidWorks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.
How do I get rid of Solidworks rebuild errors?
To control the rebuild action:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools, Options.
- Select Stop, Continue, or Prompt for When rebuild error occurs, then click OK.
How do I rebuild a sketch in Solidworks?
To open the Repair Sketch tool: Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Repair Sketch. Repair Sketch deletes these from the sketch. Repair Sketch merges these into a single entity.
What is an external reference in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I move a Solidworks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.