|Data Source Type||Supported File Extensions||Supported File Version|
|3D Model||.3DS, .DAE, .DXF, .FBX, .OBJ|
|Autodesk Civil 3D DWG Files||.DWG||All versions|
|AutoCAD DWG (3D Objects) Files||.DWG, .DXF||up to AutoCAD 2020|
|AutoCAD DWG Files as 2D Overlay||.DWG , .DXF,.F2D||Up to AutoCAD 2020|
How do I change the direction of a dimension in Solidworks?
Use the shortcut menu to change the dimension orientation. Right-click the dimension, select Select Annotation View, and select a new view from the shortcut menu. Options: By Selection (For geometric tolerances attached to planar or contoured surfaces).
How do you rotate a dimension in Solidworks 2020?
To rotate Dimension text:
- Type RotateDimensionText at the command prompt.
- Specify the angle to rotate the Dimension text.
- In the graphics area, select Dimensions, and press Enter. The text of specified Dimensions rotates about the specified angle.
How do you flip an entity in Solidworks?
To rotate sketch entities:
- In sketch mode click Rotate Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Rotate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Rotate: Select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. Select Keep relations to maintain relations between sketch entities. …
- Under Parameters: Sketch Type.
How do you control dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do you flip a dimension arrow in Solidworks?
To flip dimension arrows:
- Type FlipArrows in the command window.
- In the graphics area, select Dimensions. The dimension arrows or ticks flip around the extension line or entity edge.
How do you make a horizontal drawing in Solidworks?
Creating Horizontal Dimensions
- In an open sketch, click Horizontal Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Horizontal. …
- Select the two entities to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click a location to place the dimension.
How do you make dimension text horizontal in Solidworks drawing?
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand Dimensions.
- Click a dimension type, for example, Angle.
- In Text position, select a position, for example, Broken Leader, Horizontal Text .
- Click OK.
Where is the command prompt in Solidworks?
To access the command prompt: On the Start screen, right-click to display a toolbar at the bottom of the screen. On the right side of the toolbar, click All apps. On the right side of the Apps screen, under Windows System, press or click Command Prompt.
Can you mirror a sketch in Solidworks?
Mirroring Sketch Entities as You Sketch Them
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . Symmetry symbols appear at both ends of the line or edge. Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. The entities are mirrored as you sketch them.
Why are my dimensions GREY in Solidworks drawing?
One other significant reason that dimensions are gray is due to the layer properties. If you place dimensions on a separate layer so you can easily hide them, you may also affect the color. Look for the small color box on the layer dialog box.
How do you fix a dangling dimension in Solidworks?
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the master drawing in SOLIDWORKS. …
- From the SOLIDWORKS Menu select Tools>Options.
- Select the Document Properties tab.
- Select Detailing from the categories on the left.
- Locate the Hide dangling dimensions and annotations option and check the box next to it.