You can enable Quick Snaps, regardless of whether Enable snapping or the Sketch Snap is selected under Options > System Options > Relations/Snaps . Double-click Quick Snaps on the toolbar to retain the snap capability for multiple instances of the same sketch entity, or until you select different Quick Snaps.
How do you turn on snaps in SOLIDWORKS?
To set Sketch Snaps:
- Click Options or click Tools > Options.
- Select Relations/Snaps.
- Select or clear Enable snapping to affect all Sketch Snaps.
- Under Sketch Snaps, select or clear the appropriate Sketch Snap.
How do I wake up Center Point in SOLIDWORKS?
Select the top surface and use Sketch → Line. “Wake up” the center point again.
How do you select the center of a circle in SOLIDWORKS?
Hold down what I call in SOLIDWORKS, the magic key, which is shift. I’ll hold the shift key down then select the circle toward the inside that I want to snap to.
How do I select a point in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Toggle Selection Filter Toolbar (Standard toolbar), or press F5. Turns selected filters on or off. You can also press F6.
How do you snap parts together in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Relations > Quick Snaps. Shortcut menu. Right-click, select Quick Snaps.
What is quick snap solidworks?
Quick Snaps are instantaneous, single operation Sketch Snaps. Sketching any sketch entity (such as a line) from start to finish is a single operation. Selecting a particular Quick Snaps filters out other Sketch Snaps, enabling you to focus on a particular capability.
How do I change the center of mass in Solidworks?
(Tools toolbar) or Tools > Mass Properties. In the Mass Properties dialog box, click Override Mass Properties.
Overriding the Center of Mass Position
- Select Override center of mass.
- Enter values for coordinates X, Y, and Z.
- Optionally, for As defined in, select a coordinate system previously defined by you.
- Click OK.
How do you show the Center in Solidworks?
You can add a Center of Mass (COM) point in parts and assemblies. (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass.
How do you hide points in Solidworks?
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items > View Points.
- View Points (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Points.
How do you dimension a Smart Circle?
Creating Circular Dimensions
- Click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the circle.
- Drag the dimension and click to place it.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do you use smart dimension?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do you show XYZ coordinates in Solidworks?
Right-click the coordinate system and click Hide or Show.
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.
How do I use the new coordinate system in Solidworks?
Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System . Use the Coordinate System PropertyManager to create the coordinate system. You can amend your selections: To change your selections, right-click in the graphics area and select Clear Selections.