To attach image files: Click Insert > Reference Image (or type AttachImage). In the dialog box, select an image to attach, and click Open. In the Attach Reference: Image dialog box, Name displays the name of the file you selected, or you can select a previously attached image.
How do you add references in Solidworks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
How do I insert an image into a Solidworks assembly?
Click the “Insert” option on the top toolbar and then click the “Picture” option to open the File Selector window.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you move a reference plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do I trace an image in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture. In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open.
Under Trace Settings:
- Select a tool for Image Type.
- Select a tool for Selection tools, and create a border around the image you want to trace.
- Click Begin trace.
How do I enable sketch in Solidworks?
To do this go to Tools – Add-ins and make sure it is ticked under Active Add-ins:
- Start a new sketch and go to Tools – Sketch Tools – Insert Sketch Picture and browse for your picture. …
- Once inserted, you can position and scale the image as required:
How do I create a high quality image in Solidworks?
How to insert an Image into a SOLIDWORKS Drawing
- Insert > Object > Create from File.
- Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
How do I edit a picture in Solidworks?
To edit the picture: Double-click the picture and edit the values in the PropertyManager. Search ‘Editing Sketch Pictures’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Where is insert in Solidworks?
To insert a part: With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
How do you show sketch lines in Solidworks drawing?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you autotrace in Solidworks?
To activate the Autotrace functionality, navigate to Tools > Add-ins and check the box that activates Autotrace. By not checking the box, the option in your Sketch toolbar won’t appear. Autotrace is then accessible when the Sketch tab is activated.