How do you lock a part in Solidworks?
Open the System Options, and on the General page check Enable Freeze bar. This adds the Freeze bar to the design tree in the Feature Manager. Drag the bar below the features you want to lock. Release your left mouse button, and the features are locked.
How do I turn on collision detection in Solidworks?
To detect collisions as you move or rotate components:
- Click Move Component or Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Collision Detection.
- Under Check between, select: …
- Select Dragged part only to check for collisions with only the components that you selected to move.
How do I lock a movement in Solidworks assembly?
To lock a concentric mate in an assembly:
- Open the Mate PropertyManager for a concentric mate: For an existing mate, in the FeatureManager design tree, select the concentric mate and click Edit Feature . …
- In the PropertyManager, select Lock rotation and click .
How do you limit movement of a part in Solidworks assembly?
Limit mates allow components to move within a range of values for distance and angle mates. You specify a starting distance or angle as well as a maximum and minimum value. To add a limit mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
What does lock mate do SolidWorks?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.
How do I unlock SolidWorks features?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you limit a mate in SolidWorks?
To add a limit mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Mate Selections, select the entities to mate for Entities to Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates: Click Distance or Angle . …
- A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.
How do I fix a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you rotate a shaft in Solidworks?
Using the PropertyManager to Rotate a Component
Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate.
What is a distance mate in SolidWorks?
Enter a distance value in the Distance box in the Mate PropertyManager. … The default value is the current distance between the selected entities.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you set distances in SolidWorks?
- Go to the assembly command tab and select the mate command.
- Expand the advanced mates group-box and select angle/distance limit mate.
- Select the two planes/faces/edges for mating.
- Select starting position.
- Select maximum distance/angle and minimum distance/angle.