On the command line type QSELECT. Select ‘Viewports’ from the drop down list and click ‘Ok’. Move viewport to another layer if showing on the defpoint layer.
Why is my viewport not showing model?
Causes: A layer has VP Freeze turned on inside the viewport. The object is displayed the same color as the layout background. … The scale of the viewport does not match the annotative scale of the objects.
How do I turn on my viewport?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected.
How do I get the viewport toolbar in AutoCAD?
Turn on toolbars with the -TOOLBAR command:
- On the command line, enter -TOOLBAR (include the preceding dash).
- Enter the name of a toolbar. List of names here.
- Select Show to display the toolbar.
How do you show viewport in Paperspace?
Creating viewports in a layout
- Click the Paper Space Views tool button ( ) on the Views toolbar.
- Choose Paper Space Views in the Views menu.
- Type mview at the command prompt, then press Enter.
Why is my text not showing up in AutoCAD?
Reset custom settings. Reset AutoCAD to defaults (see How to reset AutoCAD to defaults). Note: The dialog that warns about missing fonts can be turned off. Check Hidden Messages Settings to be sure it is enabled (see How to enable dialog and message prompts that are not displayed anymore in AutoCAD).
Why can’t I see my viewport in Autocad?
To restore the missing viewport, do the following: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I get rid of viewport?
To Delete a Saved Viewport Arrangement
- Click View tab Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, select the name of the viewport configuration you want to delete.
- Press the DELETE key.
How do you hide a viewport?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
What is AutoCAD menu bar?
At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar. At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do you select a viewport in model space?
Choose from several viewport configurations by clicking the [+] or [-] control in the top-left corner of a viewport. Drag the boundaries of viewports to adjust their size. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports.
What is the importance of viewport in Autocad?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
What are the shortcut keys in Autocad?
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|