Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. Notice that the Bodies Folder has been reduced to One Body or just a few bodies instead of multiple. If you don’t see the Bodies Folder go to Options, then Feature manager, then select Show on the Solid Bodies Option.
How do you save assembly as part Solid Edge?
You can use the Save Model As command on the Application menu to save the simplified representation of the assembly as a new Solid Edge Part document (*. PAR) or as a Parasolid document. This can be useful when another company uses your assembly as a part in their assemblies.
How do you thicken in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface:
- Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
- In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken .
- In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken.
How do you simplify an assembly?
Simplifying Parts and Assemblies
- Click Simplify. (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Find/Modify > Simplify.
- On the Simplify Task Pane: Select items in Features to specify the types of features to search for. …
- Click Find Now. The Results section displays a tree of features with insignificant volumes. …
- Click .
How do I export a solid edge?
Solid Edge – STEP Preprocessor
To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. A new dialog box appears. Choose AP214 class VI for the STEP export (AP203 is default).
How do I make a part into assembly?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do I save a part as assembly?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
What does split line do in SolidWorks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.
What is the file extension for SolidWorks?
SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
How do you move bodies in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.