How do you autosize a plane in SolidWorks?
Right-click plane 1 in the graphics area and select Autosize. Autosizing is re-enabled. Plane 1 automatically resizes to the updated model geometry.
How do I change the plane of an assembly in SolidWorks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do I change the default axis in SolidWorks?
To specify the up axis for view orientation:
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
How do you increase the size of an aircraft on shape?
If you click on a linear edge, it’s length will be displayed in the bottom right corner of your part studio. You can click on an edge with a known length to check that the scaling of your part is correct upon import.
How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
Why is it important to take a top down approach to fixing problems in a model?
Why is it important to take a top-down approach to fixing problems in a model? Fixing features at the top of the tree will often resolve some of the errors and warnings later on. Components are the building blocks of parts.
How do you move a front plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you show XYZ coordinates in SolidWorks?
Right-click the coordinate system and click Hide or Show.
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.
How do I use the new coordinate system in SolidWorks?
Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System . Use the Coordinate System PropertyManager to create the coordinate system. You can amend your selections: To change your selections, right-click in the graphics area and select Clear Selections.
Why is Y up in Solidworks?
By default, the “Y” direction has always been the up-direction views in SOLIDWORKS. This is fine for many native users who are happy to work this way. … This changes the orientation of standard views inside the file.
How do I change a triad in Solidworks?
To move components with a triad:
- Right-click a component and select Move with Triad.
- Drag elements of the triad: …
- To type specific coordinates or distances, right-click the center sphere and select from the following: …
- Click in the graphics area to turn off the triad.