How do I insert a surface into AutoCAD?
To Add Surface Point Data From AutoCAD Drawing Objects
- In the Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add.
- In the Add Points From Drawing Objects dialog box, select the object type from the Object Type list.
How do you make a point on a surface?
Select the points on the screen to create COGO points. Set the Prompt For Descriptions option to Automatic.
Home > Create Ground Data menu, select Create Surface.
- Set the desired settings and click OK to create an empty surface.
- Expand the Surface node in Prospector.
- Right click Point Groups and select Add.
What are Civil 3D shortcuts?
Data shortcuts are stored in the _Shortcuts folder for the active project and are used to create data references to the source objects in other drawings. Each data shortcut is stored in a separate XML file.
How do I create a shortcut for data?
In the Manage Tab > Data Shortcuts > Create Data Shortcuts.
- Select the surface or other Civil 3D object you wish to create a shortcut folder.
- Press Ok.
- Check the shortcut was created by expanding the Data Shortcuts in the Prospector.
How do I import LandXML?
In Autodesk Civil 3D, on the ribbon, click Insert tab Import panel LandXML Find, or enter LandXMLIn at the command line. In the Import LandXML dialog box, select or browse to the LandXML (*. xml) file you want to import. Click Open.
How do I merge surfaces in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Selections:
- Select faces and surfaces for Surfaces and Faces to Knit .
- Select Try to form solid to create a solid model from enclosed surfaces.
- Select Merge entities to merge faces with the same underlying geometry.
How do I add COGO points to my surface?
To add COGO points to surface data, add point groups. For more information, see Point Groups. In the Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add. In the Add Points From Drawing Objects dialog box, select the object type from the Object Type list.