In MODEL SPACE place a wipeout behind all of the objects in the drawing. Now in paper space your viewports will all have a mask. Use “draworder” on the viewports to control which one is masked.
How do you mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you overlay viewports in AutoCAD?
Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View. Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them. Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How do you manipulate a viewport in AutoCAD?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I hide a drawing in AutoCAD?
Select the objects that you want to hide. Click <Object> tab General panel Isolate Objects drop-down Hide Objects. Tip: You can also use the icon in the drawing window status to hide objects.
How do I add a background mask to text attribute?
Double-click the attribute (text) and then click the ellipsis (…) as shown. You will now be taken to the text formatting editor. Right-click on the attribute (text) and select background mask from the menu as shown in Figure 3. Apply a background mask and select Use drawing backgrond color as shown in Figure 4.
How do you make a polyline viewport?
How do you make an irregular viewport?
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do I turn the viewport border on?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I freeze a layer in a single viewport?
Click inside of Viewport. Type LAYER to get into Layer Manager. Select desired Layer and turn off VP Freeze.
How do I freeze a layer in viewports?
To Freeze or Thaw Layers in the Current Layout Viewport
- Double-click within a layout viewport to make it current.
- Click Home tab Layer panel Layer Properties.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, select the layers to freeze or thaw.
- Click the icon in the VP Freeze column for the selected layers.
How do you control layers in viewports?
Controlling Visibility of Layers in Viewports
- Type ViewportLayer at the command prompt.
- Specify the Frozen option.
- In the graphics area, select entities or type the Layer names to freeze. The command accepts wildcard characters where * freezes all Layers.
- Specify an option:
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I change viewport settings?
Click File > Settings > Viewport. The Viewport Settings dialog box opens. The left pane of the Viewport Settings dialog box lists the categories of options and the right pane displays the options for each category.
How do I stretch a viewport in AutoCAD?
How do I stretch a viewport in Autocad?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do I change the size of my viewport?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.