Create a new fill pattern in Revit through the Manage Tab, Additional Settings and select Fill Patterns. This brings up the Fill Patterns box where the new pattern is created. The sequence for the new hatch pattern is Select Model, Create New, name the new surface pattern, and select Custom.
How do you create a pattern file?
Define an image as a preset pattern
- Use the Rectangle Marquee tool on any open image to select an area to use as a pattern. Feather must be set to 0 pixels. Note that large images may become unwieldy.
- Choose Edit > Define Pattern.
- Enter a name for the pattern in the Pattern Name dialog box. Note:
How do you change a pattern in Revit?
Edit a Fill Pattern
- Click Manage tab Settings Panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns.
- In the Fill Patterns dialog, for Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model, and then select the fill pattern to edit. …
- Click (Edit fill pattern). …
- To edit the pattern, follow the instructions in Create a Simple Fill Pattern.
How do you make a hatch pattern?
To create or edit a user-defined hatch pattern:
- Click File > Options > Application Options > Drafting > Hatching to display the Hatching page of the Options dialog. To create a new user-defined hatch pattern, click the Create button to display the Edit Hatch Pattern dialog. …
- Use the dialog to create/edit a hatch pattern.
How do you align hatch patterns in Revit?
Align Model Pattern Lines to Elements
- Click Modify tab Modify panel Align.
- Click the line on the element that you want to align with the model pattern line.
- Place the cursor on the element that has the model pattern. …
- Click to select the shape handle as the alignment reference.
How do I use model patterns in Revit?
- Move pattern lines by dragging or by using the Move tool.
- Create dimensions that reference pattern lines; resize dimensions to move pattern lines.
- Rotate the pattern.
- Align pattern lines to other elements, such as reference planes, lines, windows.
Where are Revit hatch patterns saved?
Where are Hatch Patterns located? Your hatch standard pattern definitions are located within your acad. pat file. This file is usually located in program files under your program filesautocad-versionsupport folder.