How do you do contour lines in Revit?
You can label contour lines to indicate their elevations. Contour labels display in site plan views.
Label Contour Lines
- Create a topographic surface with different elevations.
- Open a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Label Contours).
- Sketch a line that intersects one or more contour lines.
How do you get topography in Revit?
In Revit, link the topography to the current model as follows:
- Specify coordinates for the building model. …
- Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model. …
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography).
- In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography. …
- Select the desired topography, and click Link.
How do you edit contour lines in Revit?
Open a site plan view, and select a contour line label. Click Modify | Contour Labels tab Properties panel (Type Properties). In the Type Properties dialog, do either of the following: To change parameters for the current contour label type, change the parameters as desired, and click OK.
How do you add topography in Revit 2020?
Open a site plan that displays a toposurface. Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Subregion). Revit enters sketch mode.
- Select the subregion.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Subregion panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click (Pick Lines) or use other sketching tools to modify the subregion on the toposurface.
What are 3 types of contour lines?
Contour lines are of three different kinds. They are the Index lines, Intermediate lines and the Supplementary lines.
What are the 5 Rules of contour lines?
Rule 1 – every point of a contour line has the same elevation. Rule 2 – contour lines separate uphill from downhill. Rule 3 – contour lines do not touch or cross each other except at a cliff. Rule 4 – every 5th contour line is darker in color.
What is the use of Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Watch these videos to learn how to create and work with toposurfaces, subregions, and graded regions. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you cut topography in Revit?
Split a Toposurface
- Open a site plan or 3D view.
- Click Site tab Modify Site panel (Split Surface).
- In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split. …
- Click Modify | Split Surface tab Draw panel (Pick Lines), or use other sketch tools to split the toposurface.
How do you remove contour lines in Revit?
To turn off the lines:
- Go to Visibility Graphics > Contour Lines.
- Uncheck Primary Contours and Secondary Contours.