How do you restrict movements in Solidworks?
Limit mates allow components to move within a range of values for distance and angle mates. You specify a starting distance or angle as well as a maximum and minimum value. To add a limit mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
How do you constrain parts in Solidworks assembly?
To define assembly constraints: Under Tolerance Assembly, select a part to constrain in the simplified assembly. For example, in the following two-part assembly, you selected the part with a boss as Base part in Assembly Sequence. Select the hole plate part to constrain it.
How do you make a part not fixed in Solidworks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you limit a distance mate in Solidworks?
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Mate Selections, select the entities to mate for Entities to Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates: Click Distance or Angle . …
- A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.
How do you set distances in Solidworks?
- Go to the assembly command tab and select the mate command.
- Expand the advanced mates group-box and select angle/distance limit mate.
- Select the two planes/faces/edges for mating.
- Select starting position.
- Select maximum distance/angle and minimum distance/angle.
What is a concentric mate in Solidworks?
Concentric: Places two cylindrical, spherical or conical faces of a part so that they share the same centerline. Lock: Keeps two components at the same position and orientation.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
What is exploded view in assembly toolbar?
An exploded view shows an assembly’s components spread out, but positioned to show how the components fit together when assembled. You create exploded views by selecting and dragging parts in the graphics area to create an explode step. … Attach a new component to the existing explode steps of another component.
Why is part fixed in Solidworks assembly?
It is recommended that at least one assembly component is either fixed, or mated to the assembly planes or origin. This gives a frame of reference for all other mates, and helps prevent unexpected movement of components when mates are added. A fixed component has a (f) before its name in the FeatureManager design tree.
What is temporary fix group in Solidworks?
Temporarily Fixing or Grouping Components
You can temporarily fix or group components to affect their behavior when you drag to move or rotate components. To fix or group components: Click Temporary Fix/Group (Assembly toolbar).
How do I remove constraints in Solidworks?
There are two ways to delete relations within SolidWorks; within the properties manager or on the line itself. Select either the relation box on the sketch or the existing relations name on the properties tab and hit the delete key to delete the relation.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
What does lock mate do?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.