To create a sheet metal tab feature in SOLIDWORKS: Create a sketch on a plane or planar face to define the size of the tab. On the Sheet Metal toolbar, select the Base Flange/Tab. Or, click Insert > Sheet Metal > Base Flange.
Where is Sheet Metal option in Solidworks?
To open this dialog box: With a part, assembly, or drawing open, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Sheet Metal.
Does solidworks have sheet metal?
Within SOLIDWORKS there is a tool tab called ‘Sheet Metal’ that allows you to design from scratch or convert a 3D part to sheet metal and flatten your design for manufacturing.
Is solidworks good for sheet metal?
Using SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal tools you can: Design SOLIDWORKS 3D solid sheet metal parts and assemblies. Create sheet metal models directly from SOLIDWORKS 3D models or imported CAD models and automatically input your own bend radius, thickness, and K-factor.
How does sheet metal work in Solidworks?
To convert a solid part to a sheet metal part:
- Create the solid part.
- Click Convert to Sheet Metal (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Convert To Sheet Metal .
- In the PropertyManager, under Sheet Metal Gauges, set options if you want to use a gauge table: …
- Under Sheet Metal Parameters:
What is 22 gauge steel?
Sheet Metal Gauge
How do you flatten sheet metal in Solidworks?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern feature for the part and click Unsuppress .
How do you make sheet metal parts in Solidworks?
To create a sheet metal part from the flattened state:
- Open a new part.
- Create a sketch as shown. You do not have to dimension the part.
- Create a Base-Flange by clicking Base-Flange/Tab. …
- To bend the sheet metal part, sketch lines on the part as shown.
- Bend the part by clicking Sketched Bend.
What is the minimum bend radius for sheet metal?
Cold Rolled Steel
|Cold Rolled Steel||22 Gauge (0.030″ | 0.76 mm)||0.055″ | 1.4mm|
|Cold Rolled Steel||22 Gauge (0.030″ | 0.76 mm)||0.05″ | 1.27mm|
|Cold Rolled Steel||20 Gauge (0.036″ | 0.91 mm)||0.11″ | 2.79mm|
|Cold Rolled Steel||20 Gauge (0.036″ | 0.91 mm)||0.03″ | 0.76mm|
How do you draw sheet metal?
To create a drawing of a flat pattern:
- Open the sheet metal part for which you want to add a drawing.
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar), and click OK to open the drawing sheet.
- Select a format or click OK to use the default format.
- From the View Palette, drag the Flat pattern to the drawing sheet.