In the target Part Studio, simply double-click the Derived feature to open the Derived dialog. (Or right-click on the feature in the Feature list and select Edit.) Select a new document, if necessary, or Part Studio and then the feature to insert. Click the checkmark to accept your selections and close the dialog.
How do you move a derived part on Onshape?
- Translate by line – Select an entity such as a part edge.
- Translate by distance – Specify a value and select an entity to indicate direction.
- Translate by XYZ – Specify axis values to move along or optionally, use the drag manipulator that appears to position the part along axis.
How do you connect parts to Onshape?
- Tap the Versions and history icon to open the panel:
- Tap the information icon next to the Source workspace and tap Merge:
How do I export from Onshape?
To export, right click the tab that you would like to export and click “Export.” Then simply choose the file format you want the exported file in. Onshape also creates a tab with the translated file for easy download later.
How do I copy a part into another studio Onshape?
You can right click any sketch and select “Copy sketch”, and then go to a different part studio, initiate a sketch on the desired plane, right click and select “Paste sketch entities” and that sketch that you want to copy will show up.
How do you move sketches on Onshape?
- With the sketch opened for editing, select the sketch entities you want to move.
- In the Feature tool area, tap .
- Use the manipulator to drag and orient the sketch.
- Click in space when the sketch is placed and oriented as desired.
What is a mate in Onshape?
A mate connector is essentially a point with a local coordinate system. In Onshape, we are mating these two points (mate connectors) and then defining their degrees of freedom with the mate type.