What are instances SolidWorks?
You can create additional instances of existing components in an assembly. Contents. Adding Components by Dragging and Dropping. Within an assembly, you can drag and drop components to create additional instances.
How do I add more parts to assembly in SolidWorks?
Adding Components to an Assembly
- Use the Insert Component PropertyManager.
- Drag from the File Explorer tab in the Task Pane.
- Drag from an open document window.
- Drag from Windows Explorer.
- Drag a hyperlink from Internet Explorer.
- Drag within the assembly for additional instances of existing components.
How do I create a sweep in SolidWorks assembly?
Click Assembly Features (Assembly tab on the CommandManager) and click Swept Cut , or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut > Sweep . Set options as needed in the Swept Cut PropertyManager.
How do I add a sketch to a part in SolidWorks?
Sketching on the Face of a Part
- Select the planar model face on which you want to sketch.
- Click a sketch tool on the Sketch toolbar, click Sketch. , or click Insert > Sketch . …
- To sketch on a different face, exit the current sketch, select the new face, and open a new sketch.
How do I edit a pattern in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch pattern: Right-click a pattern instance and select the appropriate Edit option. If you selected Display instance count, you can double-click the instance count and change it in the graphics area. Search ‘Editing Sketch Patterns’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I show a ribbon in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How does a Solidworks assembly work?
To create an assembly from a part:
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.
How do you draw an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you sweep an assembly?
You can create a sweep geometry in an activated part within an assembly by selecting a sketched curve or one or more sketch regions from any part. You can sweep the part using the Options Toolbar. The references that you select for defining the trajectory of the swept geometry must lie within the part.
How do I create a part in sketch in assembly?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do I move sketch from assembly to part in Solidworks?
Answer. In the assembly, edit the profile of the sketch. While in the profile, perform a Ctrl + A (Select All), then a Ctrl + C (Copy). In the part file, go to the Sketch command and select the desired reference plane that you want the sketch to be on.