You can freely set the date and time under the Settings section and by clicking on the 3 dots next to the Location option in the Sun Settings window.
How do you change the direction of the sun in Revit?
The following process will rotate Sun Path as needed:
- Open a Site View.
- Turn on the Sun Path.
- Turn on Shadows.
- Change View Orientation from Project North to True North.
- Go to Manage > Project Location > Position > Rotate True North.
- Rotate as needed.
How do you turn off the sun in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Sun Settings). Or, on the View Control Bar, click Sun Path Off/On Sun Settings. Note: You can also access the Sun Settings dialog from the Rendering dialog or the Graphic Display Options dialog.
How do you create a sun in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Sun Settings). In the Sun Settings dialog, under Solar Study, select a mode: To define the sun setting based on a specified geographic location, select Still. To define the sun setting based on azimuth and altitude, select Lighting.
How do you create a sun path analysis in Revit?
Enable Sun Path and Shadow
- Click the Shadow icon at the bottom of the Revit display area to turn on the shadows for this building.
- Click the Sun Path icon at the bottom of the Revit display area to open the Sun Path menu.
- Select Sun Path On to enable the Sun Path.
How do I change shadow settings in Revit?
Either click Edit… next to Graphic Display Options in the Properties palette, or expand Visual Style in the View Control bar and click Graphic Display Options…. Revit displays the Graphic Display Options dialog from either location. Click the arrow next to Shadows to expand this area.
Does Revit LT have sun settings?
Sun setting presets
Each solar study mode has an in-session preset. Using this preset, you can specify a temporary setting for the sun in the active view and see changes in shadow patterns. You can then save the sun setting as a user-defined preset.
How do I get rid of shadows in Revit?
Use one of these methods:
- On the View Control Bar, click Shadows Off/On Shadows On.
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options. In the Graphic Display Options dialog, under Shadows, select Cast Shadows, and click OK.
How do you make a sun path smaller in Revit?
Modify display size
- Right-click the sun path, and click Properties.
- On the Properties palette, for Sun path size (%), enter an integer between 100 and 500, and click OK.
How do you render in Revit?
After preparing the 3D view and using the Rendering dialog to select desired settings, click Render to render the image. Revit begins the rendering process, rendering the entire image progressively. Revit displays a progress dialog, which shows information about the rendering process.