Right-click an ordinate dimension, select Display Options, then choose from these options: Align Ordinate. Aligns all the dimensions along the ordinate with the 0.0 ordinate.
How do you align dimensions in Solidworks?
To align and group parallel dimensions:
- In a drawing, hold Ctrl and select two or more dimensions that you want to align. …
- Click Align Parallel/Concentric on the Align toolbar, or click Tools, Dimensions, Align Parallel/Concentric.
How do you continue a vertical ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Vertical Ordinate. Click the first item from which all others will be measured, and click again to place the dimension. Click an item to dimension. Repeat this step until all the remaining items are dimensioned.
How do I show ordinate dimensions in Solidworks?
To display as chain dimensions:
- Select an ordinate dimension.
- Click the Leaders tab and select Ordinate chain.
- Click . Select Display as chain dimension in Document Properties – Ordinate Dimensions to chain all ordinate dimensions in the drawing.
How do I change the origin ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
You can control the origin circle size for ordinate dimensions when using the DIN standard. To set a document property for the origin circle size in a DIN ordinate dimension, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions > Ordinate and click Size.
How do I make vertical dimensions in Solidworks?
Creating Vertical Dimensions
- Click Vertical Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Vertical. The pointer changes to .
- Click the two points to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click a location to place the dimension.
What are ordinate dimensions?
Ordinate dimensioning is used when the X and the Y coordinates, from one location, are the only dimensions necessary. … Each dimension has only one leader line and a numerical value. Ordinate dimensions do not have extension lines or arrows.
Can ordinate dimensions be basic?
We have a pattern of holes which are located using ordinate dimensions. Their tolerance zones are specified using a position tolerance frame, so the dimensions themselves are basic.
What is ordinate dimension solidworks?
Ordinate dimensions are a set of dimensions measured from a zero ordinate in a drawing or sketch. Ordinate dimensions are measured from the axis you select first. … The type of ordinate dimension (horizontal or vertical) is defined by the orientation of the points you select.
How do you use smart dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…