What is parting line draft solidworks?
You can draft surfaces around a parting line. Then you specify the direction of pull, or the side of the parting line from which material is removed. … You can check the draft angles on your model using the draft analysis tool.
Can we do drafting in Solidworks?
You can draft in 2D in SOLIDWORKS drawing documents using Sketch tools, Dimension tools, and Annotations. You can add sketch entities and annotations to the drawing sheet or to drawing views. …
How do I find a draft in Solidworks?
Click Draft Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis .
How do I use the draft command in Solidworks?
To draft a model face:
- Click Draft (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Draft.
- Set the options in the PropertyManager. Click Detailed Preview to preview the draft.
- Click OK .
How do you extrude a draft?
Draft in an extrusion can also be used to create tapered parts. In a straight extrusion the draft angle is 0°, so all extruded surfaces are perpendicular to the original profile. Draft modifies an extrusion by adjusting the angle between the extruded surfaces and the original sketch plane.
How do you split a line in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do you exploded view into drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do I start drawing in Solidworks?
To create a new drawing:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
How do you make an undercut in Solidworks?
Click Undercut Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Undercut Analysis. All faces are evaluated to determine if they are visible from above the part and from below the part. To specify the direction of pull, select: A plane, face, or edge.
What is draft analysis solidworks?
With draft analysis, you can verify draft angles, examine angle changes within a face, as well as locate parting lines, injection, and ejection surfaces in parts. You can also perform draft analysis using the DraftXpert.