As with other SolidWorks Add-ins, Utilities can be activated from the Tools menu, Add-Ins. The Utilities add-in is located in the Add-ins dialog as shown in the figure below. Utilities can be activated for the current session of SolidWorks, or each time SolidWorks is launched.
What is Utilities in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS Utilities is a set of tools that lets you examine in detail the geometry of a solid model, and make comparisons to other models. … Compares the properties of two SOLIDWORKS documents (including two configurations of the same model). You can compare two documents of the same type, or of different types.
How do I download solidworks utility?
You can install SOLIDWORKS File Utilities from the Installation Manager, the Administrative Image Options Editor, and its own installation wizard. It is also available from https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm.
How can you compare and analyze the features of the same part in two versions of Solidworks software?
Click a utility from the Tools toolbar or Tools > Compare menu:
- Compare Documents . Compares the properties of two SOLIDWORKS documents (or two configurations of the same document). …
- Compare Features . …
- Compare Geometry . …
- Compare BOMs.
How do I open a solidworks utility file?
SOLIDWORKS File Utilities can be accessed by right-clicking on a SOLIDWORKS file in File Explorer. File Utilities can also be accessed from the search tab in the SOLIDWORKS task pane. To access this, select files and models in the search command found in the upper right corner of your screen.
How do I use design check in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS Design Checker is available in SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium only.
To add SOLIDWORKS Design Checker to SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Tools > Add-ins.
- Select SOLIDWORKS Design Checker , then click OK.
- Click Tools > Design Checker. You can also access the Design Checker tools from the Tools toolbar.
How do I use File Explorer in Solidworks?
To activate the SOLIDWORKS Explorer:
- From within the SOLIDWORKS application, click Tools > SOLIDWORKS Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Explorer version .
- Create a shortcut by dragging the SOLIDWORKS Explorer icon to your desktop.
How do I move a Solidworks file?
In File Explorer or in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and click SOLIDWORKS > Rename, Replace, or Move.
Where is a part used in Solidworks?
To find where a document is used:
- Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane.
- Select the Where Used tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document. Lists the document names. Full path. Size. Type.
How do you superimpose in Solidworks?
Displaying the Undeformed Shape of a Model on a Result Plot
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click a plot icon of a structural study and select Settings.
- Under Deformed Plot Options, do the following: Check Superimpose model on the deformed shape. Set the translucency color and level.
- Click .
Does solidworks 2020 have Solidworks Explorer?
SOLIDWORKS 2020 has retained critical functionality from SOLIDWORKS Explorer, and has discontinued the SOLIDWORKS Explorer application.