Why can’t I delete surface Civil 3D?
Note: You cannot delete a surface from the Prospector tree if it has associated dependencies (such as other objects). You can determine if the surface has dependencies by the orange triangle attached to the surface icon. The Delete command for such surface is missing from the context menu.
How do you turn on the surface in Civil 3D?
In the Surface Properties > Statistics tab, confirm that the surface has data such as a minimum/maximum elevation, points, triangles, etc. Select the surface and check if the layer of the surface is On.
Why is there a hole in my surface Civil 3D?
Sometimes holes are created as the result of an error in editing. (Deleting interior triangle lines is a common cause.) Likewise, holes can be introduced when multiple surfaces having non-matching boundaries are pasted together. A surface hole represents a “void” in the data.
How do you edit a surface in Civil 3D?
To Edit a Surface by Moving Surface Points
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Move Point. …
- In the drawing area, click the point. …
- Click the new location in the drawing.
- Optionally, repeat steps 2 and 3 or press Enter to end the command.
How do I delete multiple surfaces in Civil 3D?
Thanks! I usually right click on the surface in prospector, click select surface and just hit the delete key, that seems to work.
How do you show surface contours in Civil 3D?
To view surface contours, right-click on the surface, and click Edit Surface Style. In the Surface Style dialog box, on the Display tab: Set Major Contours and Minor Contours to be visible. Optionally, set User Contours and Watersheds to be visible.
How do I fill a 3D hole in Autocad?
I found out that if you hold down CTRL it will allow you to select specific sides/faces of a 3D Solid. So I filled the hole by just holding down ctrl and selecting the inside face of the hole and pressing delete! It then filled the hole!
How do I fill in surface in Autocad?
First try the following:
- Within the Civil 3D toolspace, click on the Prospector tab.
- Expand the Surfaces feature.
- Select the desired surface name and expand its features.
- Expand the Definition sub-feature.
- Right mouse click on Edits and use the Add line or Add Point tools to fill in the missing data.
How do you extend surface boundaries in Civil 3D?
To Extend a Surface
- Click Surface tab > Edit Panel > Surface Extend. Find. …
- Select one or more surface edges and press Enter.
- Enter m (Modes) and specify the general shape of the extension: …
- Specify whether the surface is merged or appended: …
- Enter the distance of the extension and press Enter.