How do I change the order of my views in Revit?
Change the Draw Order of Details
- In the drawing area, select one or more details. The following tools become available on the Modify
tab Arrange panel. (Bring to Front). Immediately places the selected details in front of all other details in the view. …
- Click the desired option to move the details.
How do I manage a view template in Revit?
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
- In the View Templates dialog, under View Templates, use the Discipline filter and the View type filter to limit the list of view templates. …
- In the Names list, select the view template to use as a starting point for the new template.
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
How do you add a view type in Revit?
Create a View Type
- Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do you sort elements in Revit?
Change the primary element in a connection
- Select the connection to view the connection order.
- Drag and drop the filled circle onto the desired primary element. The elements will swap order.
Where is draw order in Revit?
Details always appear on top of model geometry. However, you can change the draw order of details, placing them behind or in front of other details. To change the draw order, use the Bring to Front and Send to Back tools on the Modify tab Arrange panel.
What is the purpose of project Browser Revit?
The Project Browser shows a logical hierarchy for all views, schedules, sheets, groups, and other parts of the current project. As you expand and collapse each branch, lower-level items display.
How do you organize a sheet with discipline in Revit?
On the Fields tab, add the Designed By field. On the Sorting/Grouping tab, select to sort by the Designed By field and then the Sheet Number. This sorting logic will group the sheets by discipline and then in ascending numerical order.
What is a view template in Revit?
A view template is a collection of view properties, such as view scale, discipline, detail level, and visibility settings. Use view templates to apply standard settings to views. View templates can help to ensure adherence to office standards and achieve consistency across construction document sets.
How do I create a template in Revit 2020?
Create a Project Template
- On the Home page, under Models, click New. …
- In the New Project dialog, under Template file, select: …
- Under Create new, select Project template.
- Click OK. …
- Define settings.
- Create any geometry that will be used as a base in future projects.
- Click File tab Save.
How do I use a Revit template?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.