How do I order bill of materials in SolidWorks?
Bill of Materials Sort
- Click in the upper left corner of the table.
- In the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, under Item Numbers, select Follow assembly order .
How do I edit a BOM in SolidWorks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I reorder parts in SolidWorks assembly?
You can reorder and reorganize components by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. You can change the order of the components within a level. By default, assembly components appear in the FeatureManager design tree in the order in which they are added.
How do I use BOM in SolidWorks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I change the order of a bill of materials in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials Sort
- Right-click anywhere in the Bill of Materials table and select Sort.
- Edit the options in the Sort dialog box as described below, then click OK.
How do you exclude in Bom solidworks?
To exclude assembly components from a Bill of Materials:
- In the assembly document, right-click the component and click Component Properties .
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select Exclude from bill of materials, then click OK. You can dissolve subassemblies and combine like components in BOMs.
How do I move a row in SolidWorks bom?
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
What is meant by bom?
A bill of materials (BOM) is a centralized source of information used to manufacture a product. It is a list of the items needed to create a product as well as the instructions on how to assemble that product.
How do you exploded view into drawing in SolidWorks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
Can you reorder features in Solidworks?
You can change the order in which features are rebuilt by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. As you drag up or down the tree, each item that you drag over highlights.
How do I move multiple parts in a Solidworks assembly?
In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
How do I change item number in BOM solidworks?
To assign a new item number to the replaced component and keep it in the same row, in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, select Keep Missing Item and Assign new item number and do not keep replaced component.
How do you insert a BOM in SolidWorks?
To insert a Bill of Materials into a drawing:
- Click Bill of Materials (Table toolbar), or Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Select a drawing view to specify the model.
- Set the properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, then click OK .
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
What is Bill of Materials SolidWorks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. Use parts only BOMs when the assembly consists of only part components, or to display only parts. The resulting parts are ordered according to their listing in the FeatureManager design tree.